zaterdag, augustus 05, 2006

I Know It's Over

I'm leaving Eindhoven today to spend five nights in Amsterdam. It's weird. After a bout of sentimentality two nights ago, I'm just going about my business. This is how I handle change--do what needs to be done and not think about it. My suitcase is packed again, the room just needs to be vacuumed, and I have to wash my laundry. My badge and office key have been turned in. The project is Mahesh's baby now.

I always seem to leave a place just when I get comfortable. On Thursday night, Martijn, Ruud, Jos, Mahesh and I went out to dinner, and I could read the menu. People assume I'm Dutch until I open my mouth. It's still a slightly lonely existence, but if I could stay here longer it would really become home.

Someday I'll move to Europe. That I'm sure of.