donderdag, juni 29, 2006

Just Another Morning Here

The problem with there being five of us to one bathroom is that I can wake up an hour before I have to leave, and not get into the shower until five minutes before I was supposed to leave.

Life feels really good lately. Work is going well, life at home is really nice, and I'm actually doing something for my brirthday this weekend.

This afternoon I'm going down to the payment office to pick up my pay for June, then use part of it to buy myself a bike on the way home.

I'd been using a bike that belinged to Alan, a former housemate, who'd left a couch, seven guitars, and this bike (as well as some pot that Carel left in the kitchen cabinets and didn't tell anyone about, till Jiri stumbled upon it one day). Jiri and Salvo and I pumped up the tires and checked all the basic controls and it was a perfetly good bike, so I rode it for about two weeks. Perfect. Saved me the trouble of finding my own. Then I got home for work on Monday to find that Alan had finally come for his stuff--no more bike, no more couch in the yard. Time for me to invest in a bike of my own.

Life is good.