dinsdag, augustus 08, 2006

Amsterdam

It feels a lot like I'm just killing time until my flight on Thursday morning. Kamilla and Amanda have moved on to Brussels, and I'm spending my days wandering the narrow streets of Amsterdam, staring out coffee shop windows at the misty rain and passing tourists. I don't do travelling alone very well--I always find myself wishing I was staring at someone over that cappuccino or cup of Jasmine tea. The solitude lets me clear my head, but there are so many things better experienced with someone else. Spend dinner talking rather than reading a book or staring into space.

It's been an amazing summer, but I think I'm ready to come home. Come home, go back to school, and start working toward that pipe dream of getting my MS and moving to Europe permanently.