donderdag, augustus 04, 2005

I started trying to pack tonight, so my life is spread out around me in this room. The VHDL books I need to remember to give back to Giorgio tomorrow, the pants my father bought me in Paris, a stack of books my Neil Gaiman and David Sedaris, the silly Sandra Boynton book my mother sent me for my birthday. My US passport, a mini English-Italian dictionary, two AAs and a spare 9-volt for my multimeter, which I need to remember to bring home from work tomorrow. The framed photo the boys gave me.

I doubt I'll show enough emotion at work tomorrow--to make things even more difficult, the boys have challenged me to speak only Italian on my last day. I know the fact that it's over won't really sink in until sometime this weekend, or maybe in trasit to Vienna and Budapest for the holidays. Simo asked me today what I was going to say tomorrow, and I told him I didn't know, that I was terrible at goobyes, and I'd probably just say "ciao" and walk out, trying very hard not to look back. Because there are so many things I want to say, but I can never find the words.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anoniem said...

On your way to Vienna and Budapest? That leaves you a lot of Italy to explore next summer. I've enjoyed your blog very much and will hope to hear more about your adventures when you get home.

Loads of love,
(Gramma)

augustus 07, 2005 1:58 a.m.  

Een reactie posten

<< Home