vrijdag, juni 24, 2005

Understanding is getting easier and easier. Their English (especially Pepe's and Simone's) is getting better, and due to near-full immersion I can pick up a lot more of the Italian conversations. We take our coffee outside because the building is so stuffy (because I'm not an employee the company doesn't care as much if I leave, so I badge us all out and in). When I almost missed coffee the other day, Simone said "Coffee without Iris cannot be."

I've only been here for two weeks.

I don't know what will happen.

Tonight, I cook dinner again. Silvia is so tired and stressed that it's the least I can do. And I like to cook. It's a win-win situation.

Alessia has taken to calling me Irisi (trust me, it's the cutest thing ever). She's also learning English, words like "yes" and "okay" have been completely integrated, and every so often I'll say something to Silvia and Ale will know exactly what I said.

Having friends here is nice. I shouldn't worry as much as I do about my social skills.

Back to work.