zaterdag, juni 18, 2005

Why I Love My Job

So Indie Boy is the guitarist in a local band. He also likes the Pixies. And is very nice.
Yesterday afternoon I got Simone hooked on Tegan and Sara. Indie Boy is next (he's been working on something else, not with us).
One reason to love my job: while soldering yesterday we listened to Juanes, Tegan and Sara, the Pixies, etc.
We also take a lot of coffee breaks. Four or five times a day Simone and Peppe (also known as Indie Boy) and Pasqui and I vacate the lab and spend five or ten minutes around the coffee machine on the first-floor landing talking about life, music, and everything. Roberto is always making jokes about how hard I work because he always sees me on coffee breaks. The one time he came to the hardware lab during the day it was in the middle of the birthday party we had for Simone, with cake and champagne. There are little dents in the acoustical tiles of the ceiling from the champagne corks every time someone has a birthday.